1 . 2 . 3
Customer Service: 1.866.289.6994
123 Job Central
Know You're Prepared.
Passing the Hiring Test?
Your resume may meet skill/expertise qualifications but not
the all-important "hiring qualifications". In today's candidate-rich market, it is not unusual for an employer to
complete the interview process with 3 – 4 finalists — all of whom they believe can technically do
the job. So who gets the offer? It's the candidate who has the best attitude for the position, is
a good fit with the company and seems to be the strongest overall contributor. Surprise — this may
NOT be the candidate with the best expertise.
That's why a 123JobCentral resume goes beyond the simple facts and figures of your expertise. Giving potential employers a detail-rich understanding of your skills and expertise is just the start. Integrating your attitude and aptitude in the resume paints that fuller, multi-dimensional picture — not just of your background, but also of your capabilities. From the HR screener to final decision maker, your resume will show that you have more to contribute than other candidates — making you a "higher percentage" candidate from the first read.
- "Since we last spoke I have interviewed for 3 new positions and received offers for all 3. I'm positive that the revised resume' provided by your service is the primary reason I received these "top shelf" opportunities." — George B.
- "Thank you very much for your hard work. I find it very difficult to "toot my own horn" so to speak and overall I think you have done a wonderful job of tooting it for me." — Mardi B.
- "hmmmm. I'll never doubt you again. I already got a job, and it was because of the resume. They kept saying how it caught their eye, and looked REALLY good. Of course I took all the credit for it. ;)" — Jared B
- "I admit that my new resume looks great! You guys really know your stuff!" — Stefanos M.
- "Wow, resume writing has changed a lot over the past seven years. . . Again thanks for the hard work" — Randy V.
- "The resume looks great . . . Thanks for your help so far, after this first draft I am already feeling that I am getting my money's worth." — Lum R.
- "Thank you Thank you Thank you! Up till now, I've been skeptical about using a resume-writing service, but you guys have convinced me that finding the right one is worthwhile. My resume looks wonderful, and I'm looking forward to using it in my job search. You do great work!" — Alice R.
- "I LOVE THIS RESUME!!!!! This is truly the BEST resume I have ever had. I am so proud of this resume that it almost brought tears to my eyes." — Larry H.
- "Let me say right out that I'm very impressed with the work that you have done. Way better than my original resume. Better layout, more powerful content (without overselling) and solutions to many aspects I've struggled with. Thank you, thank you!" — Rich S.
First, 123JobCentral Guarantees That You'll Be Happy With Your Final Resume:
- We allow you to submit unlimited revisions to your new resume. Though most of our clients only need 1 or 2 revisions, we approach each resume individually to make certain we produce the best possible resume for you.
- When you partner with 123JobCentral we become your job search consultants. So if you request a change to your resume that we believe is not beneficial we'll explain why — giving you the cost vs. benefit analysis so you can make the final decision.
Not Getting Response After 30 Days — Just Let Us Know.
- First we'll listen to your feedback and then refocus and modify your resume.
- Second we'll talk about how you're marketing your resume both on the Internet and to the "hidden job market". We'll also look at your job search requirements (salary, skill level, location, etc.) to see about additional options that can help jumpstart your job search.
How It Works
Here's the process for our resume and other writing services, such as cover/thank you letters, professional bios, LinkedIn profiles, interview talking points, etc.
Place Your Order.
It's simple. It's safe. Purchase with confidence with our verified and secure 256-bit encrypted process. We accecpt Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover Card. In fact, 123JobCentral offers payment plans that allow you to stretch the cost over 2 – 3 months — we understand how it is when funds are tight. No interest or other fees are applied — we keep it simple.
Provide Additional Information.
Our personalized service kicks in right away. At 123JobCentral, we won't send you a general "skills form"; your Editor will analyze your existing resume and embed specific questions to bring out the detail we need. This way we don't waste your time with information that doesn't apply to your situation. We're just looking for raw content; usually it's the kind of information that easily comes to mind and our examples also help to stimulate the thought process. For most clients, this usually takes no more than an hour and can be invaluable in providing unique depth to your resume.
Collaborative Resume Creation with Your Editor.
Within 3 – 4 business days you'll receive the first draft of your resume. However, it's not a one-time shot. Your Editor will work with you through as many revisions as needed — though most clients only need one or two. The point is, there is no arbitrary cutoff point in perfecting the resume; this should be a collaborative process. We consider ourselves active participants in your job search success so we'll answer any questions about your new resume and also tell you honestly from our experience if requested changes are positive or detrimental (and why).
Collaborating by email can be great; it's convenient and effective. When it's not, we'll just call you. Whatever it takes to create the best possible resume for you.
You Decide When It's "Just Right".
Once you've approved your final resume, we'll apply finishing touches to the Microsoft Word document, readying it for submittal to employers. You'll also receive a text version of your resume. 123JobCentral's unique text resume is formatted with our custom approach, designed specifically to increase your resume's effectiveness on job boards and online employer sites.
During Your Job Search ...
In this market, 123JobCentral knows things don't always go as planned. So we want to be there for you through the entire process and celebrate your success at the end. If your resume is not getting response after 30 days — just let us know. First we'll listen to your feedback and then refocus and modify your resume if it's needed.
Secondly, we'll talk about how you're marketing your resume, both on the Internet and to the "hidden job market". We'll also look at your job search requirements (salary, skill level, location, etc.) to see about additional options that can help jumpstart your job search.
We're all used to thinking of a resume as documentation of our work history — where we worked and what we did. While elements of your career and your expertise are certainly critical in crafting a powerful resume, its primary goal has shifted.
Your resume's #1 function is to get you on the short list for an interview.
Today, a resume that's just about what you've been doing for the last 20 years in a dry, mechanical, "just the facts, ma'am" manner may show what you've done but it doesn't generate interviews. The writing style is key in communicating your message. Employers are more sophisticated now then they were 10 years ago and so are their interpretations of resumes. A call-to-action resume goes beyond the simple focus on action verbs by painting a picture with rich detail, and yes, even bringing in adverbs and adjectives. It demonstrates your passion and enthusiasm; it feels more personal and revealing. The job descriptions focus more on the impressive, big stuff you did and less on the mundane. "Resume-ese" — the process of diluting meaningful content down to the generic in an attempt to sound more impressive — is over. Explicit details laid out in descriptive context helps employers connect with your expertise. Simplistic, vague statements are replaced with engaging "vignettes" that may take 3 or 4 sentences to tell a compelling story.
This call-to-action resume works because it helps potential readers, from HR to the CEO, better envision what it would be like to have you in their environments. Most importantly, it brings out your attitude and aptitude (your professional personality traits) in on-the-job examples. The result is a greater chance that you'll land the "right" or "dream" job as employers see more of the real you in the resume.