1 . 2 . 3
Customer Service: 1.866.289.6994
123 Job Central
Job Search & Interview Coaching
Pass the Final Hiring Test.
123JobCentral Coaches are Hiring Professionals — seasoned Recruiters and former Hiring Managers whose core competency is hiring and getting people hired. They've been working with people like you as potential employees, contractors and consultants for more than 10 years. On the employer side, they've interviewed, hired and placed thousands of candidates. They know firsthand what today's employer wants and how jobseekers can leverage strengths and minimize weaknesses. 123JobCentral coaches bring a real world advantage to the jobseeker that "generalist" career coaches (or your best friend) just can't give you.
Your coaching session is conducted one-on-one over-the-phone with a 123JobCentral Professional Coach and lasts approximatly 1-½ hours. We take the time to match you with the right Coach to support you at your specific career level.
Interview Prep Coaching
Need to prep for a specific interview? We're here to help. Your Coach will help you strategize about the requirements of the job and of the employer's environment. This includes identifying "professional personality" traits that are critical to the job and the selection of the final candidate. This type of preparation helps you see — and be seen — beyond the basic job description. The Interview Prep Coaching is a half-session generally lasting 30 – 45 minutes.
Job Search Coaching
In this competitive job market as many as 80% of positions are never advertised. That's the Hidden Job Market. In a normal economy only 20% of jobs are in the Hidden Job Market. This is why there's no "silver bullet", no single approach to generating interviews. During your session with your Coach, you'll work together to build a specific action plan. 123JobCentral has 40+ proven job search techniques but every approach isn't a good fit for every candidate — an executive in San Francisco has different needs than an administrative assistant in New York. That's why a custom action plan is critical. Your Coach will help identify the top 7 – 9 action items that are the highest percentage activities for you. Topics like "How to network when your friends don't know of any jobs" and "Working your LinkedIn Profile — not just having one". The action plan provides you with plenty of opportunity to generate the meaningful interviews you need to land your target job within 60 days.
Knowledge — and trial runs with honest feedback — is power. One session with your Coach will give you a totally different feeling about facing your next interview. Our focused interview coaching session, covering employer's views, "stand out" strategies, a mock interview and a wrap-up game plan will put you in the driver's seat when it comes to interviewing. Your Coach will help you with techniques to overcome your perceived weaknesses and prepare you for "speed bumps" that could throw you off track. What did the interviewer really think? You may never know ... but our Coaches have heard the feedback many times. With 123JobCentral's ongoing research, they turn inside knowledge into power for you.
Combo Coaching is basically just what it sounds like — Job Search and Interview Coaching in one session. Since your needs probably differ from those of other clients, the "combo" approach delivers a truly custom solution where you decide how much of the session focuses on building the action plan vs. interviewing skills.
- "What I liked most about my session: A) Individualized. Some things just don't seem natural coming out of your mouth...He gave ideas that fostered my own. B) Honesty. Listening to the answer I gave and giving honest open feedback. You don't get better if you don't know what you are doing poorly. C) Mentoring. He's someone who has been there and done it and he left the door open to me to get more advice as I need it." — Kirk D.
- "My Coach demonstrated his expertise when I hit him with a couple of questions he hadn't heard before. His answers were thoughtful, appropriate, and very useful to me. If I could, I would have him sit in my interviews for me ;) Just kidding — I don't know of any way to improve the session. We covered a ton of information in a relatively short period of time. He was professional and used our time well." — Brian S.
- "I really appreciated my Coach's obvious knowledge and his straight talk." — Greg W.
- "Two heads are better then one. Someone else's perspective can help focus the thought. . . Things seemed to go very well. Lots of communication from you folks." — William P.
- "My Coach introduced me to new ideas that I didn't know before to aid in my job search. He made me feel like he was in my corner for my job search, and that's extremely reassuring. Friend, relative, or someone I meet on the street, I would enthusiastically refer someone to your service." — Mike M.
- "I just wanted to drop you a note to let you know how pleased I was with my Coach. He has provided me with great value for both my interviewing processes and some unexamined possibilities for finding new positions. He is a first class guy and I look forward to working with him, if necessary, going forward. So far the service has been great and a very skeptical customer is very happy." — Douglas K.
- "My Coach helped me to focus on the things I really need to get done in a realistic way to accomplish the goal. I already recommended you, several times." Edith T.
- "Thank you so much, your adjustments were great. When I paid my money to 123JobCentral, I was apprehensive about the whole thing and quite worried that I would be taken advantage of. However, your responsiveness, willingness to help and your thoughts on how to improve things have been invaluable and I appreciate it greatly. I will recommend 123JobCentral to everyone I know. Thanks so much!" — Steve H.
How It Works
Place Your Order.
It's simple. It's safe. Purchase with confidence with our verified and secure 256-bit encrypted process. We accecpt Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover Card. In fact, 123JobCentral offers payment plans that allow you to stretch the cost over 2 – 3 months — we understand how it is when funds are tight. No interest or other fees are applied — we keep it simple.
Scheduling Your Session.
Our Scheduling Coordinator will send you an email to set up a date/time that will work for you. In addition to the normal business day, we have early morning and early evening appointments available. We'll also ask you to answer a few questions about your job search to help your Coach prepare for your session.
Reviewing the Prep Material.
We'll email you an overview of the session, including detailed material covering Job Search and/or Interview techniques. Reviewing this material before your appointment will help you get the most from your session.
Working With Your Coach.
Your Coach will call you for the session at the phone number you provide and will talk with you for approximately 1-½ hours (1/2 hour for Interview Prep Coaching). You and your Coach will determine the highest priority issues to be addressed to meet your specific goals.
During Your Job Search ...
In this market, 123JobCentral knows things don't always go as planned. So we want to be there for you through the entire process and celebrate your
success at the end. If your resume is not getting response after 30 days — just let us know. First we'll listen to your feedback and then refocus and modify your resume if it's needed.
Secondly, we'll talk about how you're marketing your resume both on the Internet and to the "hidden job market". We'll also look at your job search requirements (salary, skill level, location, etc.) to see about additional options that can help jumpstart your job search.
A number of issues will cause a Hiring Manager to skip a resume within the first 5 seconds. Most candidates avoid this problem using basic common sense. However, employers read much more into your resume than is simply written on the page. Here are some examples:
Inappropriate email: Out of bounds emails can quickly turn off employers. email@example.com connotes personality issues employers want to avoid. firstname.lastname@example.org shows poor judgment and is unprofessional.
Functional resume: Though some "experts" still recommend functional-style resumes, the reality is employers simply toss them in the assumption that the candidate is trying to hide something. Stick with a chronological resume.
The one-pager: When Hiring Managers see a one-page resume for a candidate with more than 5 years experience, they instinctively know there's not enough information to justify an interview.
Employer's email: If you use your email account with your current employer to look for a job, expect little response to your resume. Employers view this as poor judgment at a minimum and "stealing" from your employer in the extreme.
No city & state: Concerned about publishing your address so you remove it altogether? It'll cost you. Without knowing your city and state, employers assume you're "not local & not worth it".